More Great Finds!

I have been having so much fun trying so many new recipes this summer!  Monday night I made Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas and tonight I tried Shauna Lake's Chinese Chicken Salad, both from Keeping Up Cookbook and both fantastic!  I halved the enchilada recipe and baked them in an 8 x 8  square Pyrex dish for just the two of us.  Here is the recipe and a picture of the Chinese Chicken Salad from tonight.

5 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce (I just chopped it.  I did about 1 and 1/2 heads, but would definitely do at least 2 full heads next time)
1 package oriental-flavored ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded
2 cups diced and cooked chicken (I baked 2 large breasts)
1 (11-ounce) can white shoe-peg corn, drained
1 large tomato, diced
2 green onions, chopped (I used 3)
1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts

Dressing:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup oil

I baked the chicken and chopped everything up early this morning.  I stored each ingredient in their individual containers in the fridge all day.  When I was ready for dinner I threw everything in together and tossed with the dressing.  Five of us cleaned up, so I would double it for a larger crowd.

No comments: